animBtn free applet
The animBtn free applet button displays three different hyper-linked animations: one when the mouse is not over it, one when the mouse is over it and one when the mouse is depressed.
It can be used as a hyperlink to other documents and
Click here to download:
java applet parameters
<param name="images" value="click.jpg">
<param name="step1" value="1">
<param name="step2" value="6">
<param name="step3" value="6">
<param name="url" value="clicked.html">
<param name="target" value="display">
To use the animBtn free java applet, I
- Step 1: Downloaded animBtn.zip and extracted into my web page directory. IMPORTANT: All file and folder names must be preserved exactly as zipped.
- Step 2: Viewed animBtn.html with my java enabled browser.
java applet parameter values
- fps (Default 10)
- This sets the number of frames per second. Obviously this speed sets a maximum
value. The number of frames produced will depend upon the Java machine.
- target (Default _top)
- This is the target frame that the link wil be put in. By default the value
is "_top", which means that if you do not give a value for this parameter, it
will will place the new page in the top-level browser window.
- step1, step2, step3 (Default 1 in each case)
- These values set the number of frames in each of the three animations.
Step1 is when the mouse is not over the button, step2 when it is and step3
when the mouse is clicked. The frames of all the animations are stored in
a single GIF or JPG image given by...
- images (Default "anim.jpg")
- This is the image file that stores all of the frame in a line,
left to right. The image used for the button on this page is
- sound (Default N/A)
- If this is specified then the .au sound file will be played
when the button is clicked.